eXmark and Daihatsu 31HP?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ElephantNest, Aug 15, 2004.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Exmark is riding the more-power, liquid-cooled trend as well with its new XP Series 60- and 72-inch Lazer Z mowers. For the first time, Exmark is incorporating Daihatsu engines in their mowers, offering both a 27-hp diesel and a 31-hp gas engine with the XP Series. John Cloutier, Exmark marketing communications manager, says the new XP mowers answer a demand for extra power for tough mowing conditions and mulching work.

Along with the new engines, Exmark has introduced its new DynaFocal engine iso-mount system to reduce vibration. The design is patterned after jet-engine mounting technology, Cloutier says. “We've also introduced a new unitized, tubular frame to absorb vibrations better and extend frame life. Our new XP mowers also feature an innovative dual mule deck-drive system to deliver more power to the cutting deck and maximize stability.”

--------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have one of these yet, or know if they are available? Sounds great to me.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They have had some problems with the xp. Maybe they will get it correct with the XS.
    John

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

"For the first time, Exmark is incorporating Daihatsu engines in their mowers, offering both a 27-hp diesel"

The 31 is new but the diesel that has been around for many years now

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

As for having one nope put I am test driving one tommorow on the 17th and I have been looking forward to it all week.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They are big heavy pigs. They are slower in acceleration, and slower in slowing down because of the weight. Ride one of these big noisy things awhile, then step onto a regular Lazer, and the regular Lazer feels like a Ferrari compared to the diesel. It is just so much quicker and responsive.

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I can believe that from the diesel but the new 31 horse gas engine should be a bit different on the XS.

7. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Try a hustler, I heard they are coming out with a diesel model in the future.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, this is based on the diesel experience. The gas MUST be somewhat lighter. How much, I don't know, as I haven't read the specs, yet.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

1400 Pounds LOLOLOLOL And LOONNGGEERR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

10. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

Just get a Ford tractor, hook up a 70" shredder... and be done with it.