Exmark AS or Exmark HP?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spinrider2000, Feb 16, 2007.

1. spinrider2000

spinrider2000 LawnSite Member

I got really interested in the Exmark AS as for 2007 it now has the KAW28 and has the proven Ultracut deck. I priced one locally at $7600 for a 52" model. When pricing at another dealer, I was told the AS series was a lower quality mower and I should consider an HP with the 27KOH, 56" Triton deck. This dealer would not carry any AS models. Price for the HP is $7600.

I am looking at the spec sheets for both and can not see where the AS is a lesser mower. Any comments from the Exmark guys are welcome! I may be a little slow answering as IT guys have added blocks to forum groups, thanks, spin

2. EMTDUCK1984

EMTDUCK1984 LawnSite Member

The As Is Not Any Lesser Quality Than The Hp Or Full Size It Just Doesnt Have All The Bells And Whistles. For Example The Tanks Are The Same As What They Used In 03' The Controls Are Between Your Feet Instead Of In The Tank, And You Dont Get The Flat Free Front Tires. Either Mower Would Be An Excellent Choice. I Could Do That 28 52 For 7400 So This Dealer Is Trying To Push Toward The Hp But Hes Still In The Ball Park

3. Jeff Voorhies

Jeff Voorhies LawnSite Member

If you go to Exmark's website there is an option that allows you to do a side by side comparison of 2 or 3 different models. I've used it and it shows you the differences in everything from fuel capacity to decks to size of the pumps. This should help you.

4. spinrider2000

spinrider2000 LawnSite Member

Jeff, I di d go to the sight and also have the 2007 sales book. I see the AS with 12cc pumps compared to HP's 10cc. Side controls versus front controls. Triton versus Ultracut deck. 28KAW versus 27KOH. I could not see a difference by the literature. BUT, there may be a difference in the field! Just asking.

EMT, I agree both are good.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Try this to compare http://www.exmark.com/comp_ride.htm

I think it comes down to do you want a full size frame or not, Triton or Ultra Cut. I like a full size mower but you may not.

6. waterboy1

waterboy1 LawnSite Member
    from AL

You a dealer? If so, how much would an 06 Exmark 56" trition/ 27 kohler with a mulch kit installed go for. Say this is in the yr 06 also. After seeing that price, I think I got stiffed. ;)

Jason

7. EMTDUCK1984

EMTDUCK1984 LawnSite Member

8299.99 On An 06' And 8499.99 On The 07' But Thats My Sale Price But Commercial Sale Price Is About 400 Dollars Higher

8. waterboy1

waterboy1 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Now I don't feel as bad, I paid right at 8900 out the door.

Thanks Again,
    Jason

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Get the proven Lazer AS.

There is almost no difference in real size... an inch or two is all.

The AS is the same quality... no difference.

A 2007 Lazer AS is basically the same as the Lazer Z was years ago.. like '03-'04.
    It received a lot of nice upgrades for 2007.

10. gaither

gaither LawnSite Member

I am also trying to make the same decison as we speck.(Ileft the dealer today) I have ran the 25/52 fullsize for the last 3 years. I love the unit but if had to complain i could only pick 2 things. One, there is almost zero trim on the left side and there seems to be a little more on the HP. Second, i am assuming all the kinks have been worked out on the triton and I have heard there is alot less grass build up compared to the ultracut. Very few people run the HP around here so i can not get a real comparrsion from anyone that has alot of real time behind these mowers. Does anyone have experiences using both that could give me any pros and cons.