Exmark Bagger or Trac-Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgoalie23, Mar 28, 2005.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy another bagger. I already have a Trac-Vac model 650 or something like that. It is the dual can that trailers on casters, which meant no need for a weight kit. The Trac-Vac is great, a lot of room for debris, and the metal impeller minces the debris. I am looking for something a little less time consuming. With the Trac-Vac you have to get off the machine, idle the Trac engine, and then dump each can one at a time. With the Exmark QDS (quick dump system) all you have to do is pull a lever. Both are about the same price. The Trac-Vac holds 16 bushels and the Exmark holds 11 bushels. Trailer room is not a problem. What are your guys opinions? Also, if someone has used the Exmark QDS, let me know how good or bad it is, and does it hold up.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no experience with ZTRs, but one thing that does occur to me is that eXmark's impeller relys on a spindle whereas the Trac Vac unit has its own motor. Might not be a big deal, but I'd be inclined to ask myself if I think the motor on the mower can keep up with the spindle drive when the going under the deck gets heavy. If not, I might go for the Trac Vac.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The way you are saying it, Stay with the trac-vac. You can also use the trac for fall cleanup with the wand kit, sucking out bushes like you would leaves to a sucker truck. You can also keep the hose and boot with you while you cut and when you need to bag just put it on. try that with a belt driven blower :realmad:.

John

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

The eXmark system will exceed your expectations!

Oldtimer:

5. sgoalie23

I have plenty of power for a spindle driven impeller. Lazer Z XS with the 31 Briggs.

6. sgoalie23

John,
    The extension hose does work great, but I am looking for something more compact and easier to access. During Spring and fall clean-ups, I can have one machine doing beds and another doing the lawn.

7. sgoalie23

How so??????????????

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The QDS is small in bushels and heavier then the three bagger. If you got the three bagger you can easily put the debris in the truck not on the ground. I think the only time you save with the QDS is fall when you suck up the leaves with the truck.
    John

9. sgoalie23

Any other thoughts?

Brian