1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Bagging Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TJLANDS, Mar 12, 2008.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody use the Bagging systems on their Lazers. I would just like to here from someone that uses one before dishing out 3 Grand for one.
    Actually there are two chioces......Anyone?

2. Ace 000

Ace 000 LawnSite Member

I have a 3 bagger for my 60" lazer. if you do alot of bagging its worth the money it will pay for itself in time saved.
  3. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

They are good investments, but 3,000 grand sounds a little high.
  4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I had the 2 bag ultra vac on my 48" and loved it. Just bought a new 52" and the vac is now for sale...

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

If you were a homeowner & dumped on site, I would say the quick dump would be fine, But iff you mow commercially, you'll want the 3 bagger. I've seen guys with the quick dump, dump grass on the street & then shovel it into the truck, but it ain't pretty!:dizzy:

Around here the 3 bagger is more like $2,700...

Well worth it if you bag much, or for clean ups in spring & fall. Just make sure to charge for it & you'll make your money back in no time!:)
  6. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the 3 bagger on one of my 60" lazers. They do a great job in grass and leaves! They can clog up in wet stuff but it's not very hard to un-clog. One person can take the hopper on and but there is a technique to it. You have to always be aware of how much the bags stick out behind the mower because it is easy to hit the side of a house, mailbox, tree, or car. Pay attention!! You might try checking ebay or craigslist for the ultravac. Three grand seems a little high for it. If you have any questions send me a PM or email and I can tell you more about it.
  7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used them they are ok. They will clog if you cut high and wet grass. Now when it comes to dry grass you cannot cut fast enough.
  8. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

I've got the 3 bagger and quick dump, used them for years. They are great, but will clog if it is wet. We only paid around $1800. Of course that was about 5 years ago.