1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark belts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by postman, Feb 27, 2005.

1. postman

postman LawnSite Member

i got 115 hours on the belts on my exmark lazer hp 52 in under normal conditions how many hours should i expect to get on the belts thanks for the help

postman :waving:
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The deck belt can last for many hundreds of hours if something doesn't cut it. Gumballs and sticks are hard on them. The hydro belt is the one that needs the most attention paid to it. Once a hydro belt gets hurt in any way, its just a matter of time. I now look at that belt at least one time per week. If you see slits or missing peices in it, change it ASAP.
  3. GNRL

GNRL LawnSite Member
    from Wi

I believe i had between 500-600hrs on my original.Then i blew one with less than 25hrs.Now I'm between 300-400hrs and counting. :waving:
  4. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

as long as you dont treat them bad like cuting tall wet grass clean your deck
    use sharp blades you should get around 500 hours on them but check them all the same anything can happen.
  5. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if you're talking deck belt of drive belt, but when the Exmark forum was open I asked about short belt life on the drive belt. The following was the reply I received by Terry:

"Generally the problem is lack of lubrication at the pivot and not bearing wear. Depending upon when you unit was built there may be an updated idler arm/spring/belt assy available. Your dealer can look up service sublletin number 04-04 and deterimine if your machine can benefit from any of these updates."

May be worth looking into......