Exmark Best price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJOHN22042, Aug 13, 2001.

1. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Hey guys what's the BEST Price on the Following:

17 hp and a 48" deck in the Metro HP you'd be looking at a suggested
    commercial sale price of $3399.

Stuck Between the SCAG AND EXMARK

Please Help
    :confused: :confused:

2. JJOHN22042

from MA

Some input would be nice.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't care about price. I would get the eXmark over the SCAG.

Less than an hour and already fussing...LOL j/k:D

4. JJOHN22042

from MA

This is like Buying a New Truck. Just like to hear from some real old time Pros on wich one to buy and the Best Price I could find. Thanks for any help..:blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You can always do a search. There is tons of information on both.

6. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

try them both and go with your initial reactions.they are both quality machines and good companies,you really cant go wrong. good luck:cool:

7. JJOHN22042

from MA

How long will the Exmark Spindle last? Will theScag Cutter blade drive spindles last longer??
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have read 90% of all posts on lawnsite! In all that reading I really cant remember more than 1 or 2 exmark owners that dont think there machine is gods gift to the world.... On the other hand...... 80% of all scag owners who have posted have had major complaints! Do a search on both..... there is power in numbers!

9. taz72373

taz72373 LawnSite Member

I own 6 exmarks and when I bought them I went to my local exmark and scag dealer and got a demo mower from each that where as close to the same as far as specs like same motor, mower deck size etc. etc.. And mowed a whole day with each one they both had there goods and bads but all mowers do. At the end of each day that I had them I was much happier with the exmark and so was my wallet. Scags are alright but there is to many other mowers out there that are cheaper. As far as ferris I won't ever buy one again. Owned 1 and was not happy but others are happy with a ferris. I would just take some ideas throw them around and find what you think may be the best for your needs.:cool: :blob3:

10. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Got four scaggs, no problems, never lost a spindle or anything else that I can blame scagg for. I have had to replace electric clutches and motors but after a couple years and tons of hours something is gonna give. I have also compared to other models and could not find many differences. Scagg has been around along time and many have copied it for less. But if you want to throw some money away get a green & yellow mower.LOL , Man that is some expensive paint!