ExMark Blade Engage Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by VisionMan, Sep 22, 2006.

1. VisionMan

VisionMan LawnSite Member

I have an ExMark Lazer Z HP. We were mowing along last night and all of a sudden the blades just stopped. We checked everything we could and could not find the problem. About an hour later, we pulled to PTO switch and the blades did engage. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it not want to enguage at all? Or is there noise coming from the clutch? If not
    Maybe not making a good connection between the plug and switch? Or the plug at the clutch. Unplug it and clean it. See if that works.

3. VisionMan

VisionMan LawnSite Member

When the PTO switch was pulled out to engage, it made no noise or anything. There is no noise from the clutch. I did push the connection together at the plug from the clutch right before the blades did engage the second time. It did not seem that the plug was loose or anything, but the blades did engage right after doing this. There is a possibility that the problem is fixed, but I don' want to drive to a job and the same problem persist.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Put some electrical grease in the connection, see if that works

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Do what John said, But first clean the connections.. I use carb cleaner as it dries fast.