1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark blade engage?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeklein, Jul 23, 2002.

1. mikeklein

mikeklein LawnSite Member

I have had my 48" metro with 14hp for about a month now and earlier today I went to engage the blades(I always engage gently) and the engine sounded like it was going to stall,it didnt but it was real rough to engage,I tried it again,same thing,got home and checked it out ,everything looks allright,except for some very fine fraying on that belt.shot some grease in the pivot fitting also.After I should mention when I first bought it,I adjusted the handle height all the way up,I adjusted the brakes accordingly.Is there an adjustment for the blade engage lever,cause sometimes if I leave it at idle to go move something without blades engaged the lever will work its way foward causing the engine to shut off.I couldnt find any kind of adjustment to make on it though?
  2. ACER

ACER LawnSite Member

Your blade engagement lever is moving foward? I have a Metro HP and my lever is stiff, it will not move on its own. There is an adjustment on the lever, the lever is threaded with a turnbuckle and locknut. Loosen the locknut and adjust the turnbuckle to the correct amount. Adjust it so the indicator arm and bolt are within 1/16 of an inch. If you do not have a manual for your mower go to www.exmark.com and download one. You can also go to Exmarks site on this forum and ask your question there, the Exmark guys are very helpful. Hope this helps.