eXmark Blades-J-Thomas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have bought the high lift and gator type blades from J-Thomas and found they work as well as the Exmark blades they replaced. I see no reason the offset blades would be any different. I have heard that the J-Thomas blades were a little softer but for the money they are hard to beat. Hope this helps.

3. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Were they sharpened to the center hole like the eXcaliburs ?

4. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

I have ordered blades from J-Thomas & very well satisifed with product & service. The blades might be a little thicker than exmark blades. Not sharpened to center hole but cut just as good. I have always thought you only cut with first 2 or 3" of blade anyway.

5. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

yes the blades you want are sharpened to the center, and the edge holds up good. Im tired of sharpening blades with a grinder, so just ordered 12 blades from them. It was that are a $1000 blade grinder. :dizzy:

6. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I just sharpen my wavy type blades with an angle grinder. Fast and easy. The straight edged blades I run through the blade grinder, though. The ones shown in the pic are sort of unique, because they have a lift on them. I had a set like that a while back, and they worked great. All mine are no lift, now. I've been running those all season on top of solid foil highlifts (DC style - that are sharpened to the center).
    Incidentally, not to get off the subject or anything, but if ANYONE knows where I can get a set of these wavy type blades for a Toro Proline 48" wb, please let me know. I'm looking for a customer of mine. I just put his mulch kit back on for him, but he has never had the right blades for it. They just gave him highlifts for the kit. They just clog up the deck. Someone gave me the link to mowmore.com, but I was still unable to find the ones for that mower on there. Thanks for any help.

8. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Here you go, thats probally 2 weeks of mowing.

Sago palm 003.jpg

9. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Thanks Ryan....I've Been Paying $26.50CND or $21USD PER BLADE for the eXmark Mulchers...The j-Thomas Nothched eXmark Blades I ordered Before Were Not Sharpened to Center Hole....Important for Mulching....