exmark blades on toro

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by CLARK LAWN, Mar 12, 2007.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i was looking for some new blades for my mowers today and couldnt find the part # under toro but while flipping through the book they are listed under the exmark section. found the w/b blades there but no luck with the z anyone have any ideas?

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

It depends upon your deck design. Some models of Exmark and Toro are exactly the same deck, eg. Exmark 36" fixed deck (the one I know for sure. The blades for these identical decks are the same ones. Some decks are different, such as stamped (Toro), and manufactured (Exmark). I would be very surprised if those decks, albeit the same width, used the same blade. Therefore, you may find some crossover, but not total model line crossover.

3. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

I don't know the complete lines for Exmark and Toro, but I am aware that Toro owns Exmark and many of the parts are interchangeable. Blades would not be a problem--all you need is a comparable blade length, bolt hole and configuration. Personally, I like Rotary brand blades. They are less expensive and life is comparable.

Dutch

4. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

just go to www.mowtownusa.com been buying from them for years and they have a large selection, best blades i ever had were the raptor blades..they pulverize grass...use them on all my mowers.