Exmark Buyout?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KTO Enterprises, Aug 15, 2007.

1. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at my local mower dealer today and was told about an imminent buyout of Exmark. Seems he was under the impression Husqvarna was buying exmark. Anyone else hear this?

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

As far as I know Toro owns Exmark and nobody is buying them out.... So if this is true then Husky is buying Toro (Doubtful)

3. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

If ExMark was bought out, I would scream. Keep us posted if there are any more rumors.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The one place I rely on to confirm rumors has no word about an Exmark buyout. There are also no reports on the Web about an Exmark buyout.

5. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Toro own Exmark
    A potential sale would be a matter of public record
    because of the size of the company

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Size of company has nothing to do with buying or selling of a division. Now if a business is publicly traded then that's a different story.

7. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKL2488714320070724?rpc=44&pageNumber=1

"But we also have the possibility of going back to our owners and asking for more money, so there is no real obstacle here," Andersson said, adding it was "reasonable" to assume the firm would make at least one more purchase this year.

"If the opportunity is good enough and we and the board is convinced that this is strategically right in terms of synergies and so on, then I don't think there is any real size limit."

Fun to be him!:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

8. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Size of company has nothing to do with buying or selling of a division. Now if a business is publicly traded then that's a different story.

I wasn't referring to public disclosure of publicly tradded companies.
    Usually if the sale of a subsidiary is imminent it effects suppliers, distributors
    franchisers ect. The selling company usually also has a known or public reason to sell such an asset,,,cash flow, too much debt, ect.
    If there was to be a sale, it is unlikely to happen fast.
    That is at least what a broker just told me.
    But $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ does talk

9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

My reason for saying this is the dealer I spoke to today is wanting to stock exmarks but the distributor for the area has been told to put a hold on all new dealer applications because of an eminent sale.

10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

At least its a long shot. Sounds like it is broader than Exmark. I hope not. Might be John Deere time then.