exmark cost?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1949chev34, Feb 17, 2008.

1. 1949chev34

1949chev34 LawnSite Member

Hi. I am looking at buying a new exmark 48'' hydro walkbehind come spring. What are the price tags aon these mowers these days? How do you guys like your exmarks? thanks alot, mike

2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Best walk behind hands down in my opinion, if you are talking about the turf tracer HP. The handles are actually comfortable and they stripe wonderfully.

3. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I know its just your opinion, but I see posts like these alot about all kinds of mowers. Im just wondering what qualifies you to call it the best walkbehind hands down. Have you personally used every walkbehind model made.

4. joshco84

Have used quite a few of them (toro, exmark, john deere, bunton, snapper). I have 10 years of lawn experience is this good enough for you????

5. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Im not trying to offend you, I just feel its a broad statement, I've heard the exmark is a great mower, I just feel like there is no mower out there that is the best hands down. Also while you've tried a few different mowers, there are about 50 other brands not listed that you havn't tried.

6. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

The Exmarks are the best hands down:)

I have tried most all brands. Controls are a winner, quality of cut is good.

not saying there aren't other good mowers.. Just saying Exmark is the best.

7. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

i agree, they are the best hands down. i have run all the ones i feel are worth running an exmark takes the cake. that includes bunton,bobcat,toro,cub cadet,scag and ferris. the only one i cant speak for is hustler.

8. CleanCutMowers

CleanCutMowers LawnSite Member
    from SE MO

I got quoted a price on I think a 52" 23 hp electiric HP for $5700

9. joshco84

i agree, they are the best hands down. i have run all the ones i feel are worth running an exmark takes the cake. that includes bunton,bobcat,toro,cub cadet,scag and ferris. the only one i cant speak for is hustler.

I would say this backs up both of my statements pretty well!!

10. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

fixed deck models have jumped in price.

I think the 48 inch Viking is damn near 5k now. Alot of Hydro walk behind sales have gone to stand ons, no question.

The turf tracer floating deck units are real real nice, but they are pricy. More like 5-7k depending on options.