Exmark CT is one nice mower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Pittsburgh Panther, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

I posted awhile back that I bought an Exmark CT. I cut with it 3 times and it is great. I used to own a CubCadet Z force 44 with a 15 horse power Kaw. CT put it to shame. CT has more power, better stirring, better cut(Cub did have a nice cut but the CT is better), deck doesn't clog up like the Cub deck used to, the deck itself is a lot heavier. These are just a few of the things that are better. If anybody is thinking about buying a ZTR definitely checkout the CT. It's worth the extra 2 grand over the Cub. I just wish I would been able to buy the CT first instead of the Cub. NO I am not a Exmark salesman. I am just wanted to point out a great product.

Later,

Happy Camper

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Good for you.
    In my opinion as well, the CT is a much better machine that the Z force.

3. graft

graft LawnSite Member

Just mowed with my 52" CT for the first time last night. Absolutely FABULOUS!

4. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

I got the 48". I would of the got the 52" but it wouldn't fit in my shed doors. I love the cut. It is better than the Cub I used to have and with the stripper kit it makes it look great. I also bought the mulch kit with it and have had no problems whats so ever with deck clogging(my cub would basically bog down when I would try to mulch with it). It also cut my cutting time from about 1 hour and 15 minutes or 1 hr and 30 minutes to about 45 or 50 minutes.
    The mower is just a tank impaired to my old mower. I couldn't be happier.

5. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

What engine do you have? What did you pay?

6. graft

graft LawnSite Member

18" vanguard engine. I was concerned that this wouldn't be enough juice for 52". But what I mowed the other night was a ditch that only got mowed twice a year by the county with a huge bush hog. Absolutley no problem with the tall stuff. It was also a little wet.

I paid $5,600.00.

7. kwadswor

kwadswor LawnSite Member

Thought I'd add a note to this thread as I mowed with my new Exmark CT (18HP 48") for the first time this week. It was great! Can't ocmpare it to other ZTR's as this is my first one, but it chopped 35-40% off my mowing time compared to the lawn tractor. Probably will get a bit more time savings with practice.

I was immediately glad that I bought the Exmark with it's much heavier deck (compared to other semi-commercial ZTRs in the same price range). The discharge chute sticks out *much* farther than my old mower and I nailed the distributor box for my septic system with the chute going at ~2/3 of top speed. Knicked the 40-50 lb cement cover right off the septic system, but the mower kept right on going without even a dent to the chute.

8. bluequad03

bluequad03 LawnSite Member

We love our new CT. I've mowed with it one time this year. My mowing time went from 2hours 10 minutes to a little over 1 hour (1.5 acres), and that was the first time I used it. My wife mowed with it the second time we mowed and she loves it too (we may be fighting over who gets to mow). We bought a 04 model in November, with the 19HP Kawasaki and a 52" deck. I also had them add the seat suspension. Looking forward to many years of trouble free mowing. :)