exmark ct?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by luv2mow, Jun 17, 2006.

1. luv2mow

luv2mow LawnSite Member

will i have finally decided to spend less time mowing and more time for other things. I have to consider dealer support and location as a very big factor as i live pretty much in the middle of nowhere. There is a very good dealer who sells Exmark and Dixon 20 mins away who is a great guy to work with. Its between exmark ct 21/52 or dixon kodiak 20/50 for pretty much same price. I am really leaning towards exmark. cut quality is my main concern. help push me further towards exmark. trivantage deck cut quality and other factors i need to know. thanks for your help and time.

2. PFHunter

PFHunter LawnSite Member

Exmark quality, bigger engine, bigger deck. Same dealer support for either one. Sounds like a no-brainer to me. Go with the Exmark CT.
    Granted, I have no experience whatsoever with a Dixon. That may be a fine machine, but I know the Exmarks...

3. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

We have two exmarks and when we were shopping for a new zero turn our dealer wouldn't even recommend the CT, says he practically refuses to sell them. He thinks they are too cheaply built.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

get the HP not the CT

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

That is pure crap. I'm willing to bet your dealer has some agenda to move something else. The CT is not cheaply built, however if the unit is going to see heavy use, I would absolutely try to move you up to a Lazer HP. Bigger pumps and motors. The fact is you get what you pay for.

Most Commercial Cutters that come to us for a Z, end up with a Lazer Z hp with a 48, or 52, or 46 and 50 with the new Triton Decks. Starting to move some Navigators too. They finally have been out long enough for people to feel comfortable with them.