Exmark Ct

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by JDRAIN, May 15, 2004.

1. JDRAIN

JDRAIN LawnSite Member

I AM NEW HERE , SO BARE WITH ME. I AM THINKING ABOUT EITHER A EXMARK CT 18/48 2003, OR HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE FASTRAK 20/52. ANY THOUGHTS ON PROS OR CONS????

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

first, turn off your caps lock, that's considered yelling!

ok, just my opinion, but i say go with the CT over the fastrak. you won't find any better manufacturer support than what you will get here. are you going to use the mower for home use or commercial cutting? if so, i say go ahead and spend a little more and get the 48" HP, both are good but you have a little better equipment with the HP. Terry or someone can give you all the details between the two.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jdrain,

Both are good machines but really they are in different product categories. The Lazer CT is still in my opinion a commercial machine. It still uses dual pumps and dual wheel motors, uses the same engine deck as the Lazer HP etc. I believer you'll also find that it probably rides a little better on less than smooth lawns.

The deck is constructed slightly different than the deck used on the Lazer HP however the cut performance is identical. It uses the same spindles we use on all our mowers and the seat and controls are placed well for operator comfort and accessibility.

I would recommend visiting your Exmark dealer and seeing one for yourself. While your there see if you can take on for a test ride.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hey Mike. Thanks for the kind comments!

Terry

4. JDRAIN

JDRAIN LawnSite Member

thanks for your thoughts. but i was wondering, i do have about 2 acres of sloped lawn, will the CT 18 Horsepower/ 48" deck deal with that ok??? the CT seems more commercial than the fastrak, i am favoring the CT especially because the dealer seems to be giving me a good price on it... 4650.00 new 2003.

joe

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey joe, that's a good deal. the same mower here is going for 4800 or 4900. also a good dealer will be beneficial in the long run, just in case you need them.

6. eXmark

Jdrain,

I wouldn't be afraid of using a 48" CT on 2 acres at all. It should perform very well for you. Just make sure you not exceeding the 15 degree maximum slope that most zero turn mowers are rated for.

Thanks,

Terry

7. JDRAIN

JDRAIN LawnSite Member

Terry, i am not worried about the 48" deck. i was actually wondering if the 18 horses would be enough for the minor slopes.

joe

8. eXmark

Joe,

For some reason, I'm not sure slopes don't really effect the hydros like they do a gear drive system. Your only using a very small percentage of the power for the drive system. The real work is going on powering the cutting deck. Keep in mind that it wasn't that long ago that we were running 48" deck with 14 hp engines and 60" decks with 18's.

Thanks

Terry