Exmark cut qualilty (triton) help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Godfather, May 18, 2008.

1. Godfather

Godfather LawnSite Member

there are a few baffles that can be changed, and i want those who own this deck to chime in.

The baffle on the discharge, do you put it in the more closed or open position?

the front baffle-- how many holes showing...

what kind of blades give you the best cut.

any thing else

thanks

2. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

what kind of blades are you running ??? are they red or black what year is your mower ??

3. P.I.L.C.

P.I.L.C. LawnSite Member

What size Triton deck is it? The 60 cuts way better than the 50. Med lift blades work better than high lift blades.

4. Godfather

Godfather LawnSite Member

i have red blades. all the triton decks force you to run those "cupped" blades. It is a 60", what about the baffle on the discharge?

5. Country

Country LawnSite Member

I run mine as closed as it will go. This makes it discharge further.
    I also have my front baffle down with almost 2 holes showing (2nd hole just up in the deck) for 3" mowing height. This is how Fred (Triton guru) at Exmark suggested I set it up and it works great. But I'm only running the 46" on an HP.

6. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

So closing the discharge opening as far as it will go throws the clippings farther ??? Does it still disperse the clippings like it does with its open all the way ?? THanks

7. Country

Country LawnSite Member

Yes, it throws them farther. More velocity. Like a carburetor's "venturi" effect....

8. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I have had three Exmark's and was a big fan until I bought my last one-19/46". It was missing so much grass that I traded it back in on a ScagTT and now I don't miss any grass-big difference. In fact, the Scag cuts better than any of the Exmark's I owned, despite it being an excellent machine.:drinkup:

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

haaaaa haaaaaaaaa the debackle continues. Sorry I had the same problem you are having but nothing fixed it opem close up down nothing. I lost 800 on my machine when I took it back!