Exmark cutting trubs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, Sep 11, 2000.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm experiencing a little bit of lay over from my Lazer EPS. It's toward the left side of the center of the center spindle (as you're sitting on the mower). It's causing the grass to lay down a little as it gets pushed forward causing a stripe. Has anyone else experienced this? I've checked the blades and spindles and all blades are kept razor sharp. I run tri-level mulching blades on top of DC high lifts. I hope someone can help. Thanks.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Have you checked the tire pressure? Everytime I have that happen, that is what it is. Usually because of temp changes.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Check the bottom of you deck for bent metal or maybe a stick lodged in there.

4. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

I posted on this a while back. Underneath the deck, behind it is a guard plate,like 4 inches long. Seems to only happen on certain grass or terrain.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Thanksfor the ideas, but uponclose examination, I found that it's i little bit of grass that's not cutting as clean. It is tending to lay over a little, and cuts just a little longer than the rest. I thought it was perhaps belt slippage but the rest of the center cut seems to cut just fine. It's just that little bit to the left side of center spindle that has to get pushed forward.