Exmark dealer demo price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by MuddyPawsLawnSerivce, Aug 15, 2013.

1. MuddyPawsLawnSerivce

MuddyPawsLawnSerivce LawnSite Member

I have a fairly small lawn service in Maryland (15 yards). I am a police officer full time and run my lawn service on the side to help out with some bills. My current mower is a Toro 36" floating deck walk behind with the turbo force deck and T-bar controls. I am very happy with the mower and it does a great job on my current properties majority of which are around 1/4 acre residential but I would like the option of expanding to some larger properties next year if possible. I have been looking for a 52-60" ztr mower and I am fairly certain that my head is going to explode if I read anything else about these things. I think I have narrowed it down to the Exmark E-series. I was speaking to a dealer this evening and he was telling me he has a dealer demo E-series 60" series 4 deck with 150hrs that he would sell for $7500.00. He told me that it would still qualify for the current 0% for 48mo incentive as well as the full factory warranty. I was hoping to get some thoughts on this price. Is this a "deal of a lifetime" type thing or at that price would I be ok waiting till the season ends and see about finding a better deal? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jeff Simmons
    Muddy Paws Lawn Serivce

2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You could probably find a great deal on a used machine in the off season months. Wouldn't have a warranty but with 1/2 or less out of pocket, I could live with that. With such few accounts, not sure if I would jump in on the demo even though it sounds to be a fair deal.

3. MuddyPawsLawnSerivce

MuddyPawsLawnSerivce LawnSite Member

I am definitely not opposed to buying a used mower. I guess my main concern in going that route is the fact that I don't have much experience with them and what areas to focus on for signs of a problem or problems in the near future. Would you suggest going the craigslist route or try and find a used mower through a dealer of some sort?

4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Craigslist would be the best deal most likely. Just take someone with you to check it out before you purchase. A lot of guys go into this business every year and go out in a year or two. Stay patient until you find a great mower at a great price. Time is on your side for now.