exmark dealer pissed me off!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sirsweatsalot, Jul 28, 2002.

1. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

ok so im not trying to bash exmark by any means BUT... i went to the dealer for me ( who's buisness is 45 min away) to figure about prices and specs on a new metro or viking. and this guy starts telling me how to run my show. i didn't want to buy a lazer Z but he kept telling me that is how i would make more money. so i had to sit there lectureing me about how the Z would make my buisness so much more profitable and i would have all these hours in the to look for more jobs to do. i kept trying to get info about the metro and he was like sure i'll sell you one but its not right for you! *********. i finally got so pissed i left. i guess i can't get an exmark because some dumb ass would not accept the fact that the customer is always right. sorry to be so long and winded but i was and am still a little worked up. so as of right now no exmark for me!
    *a good product is one thing, but if the service is not good screw'm!

Watch your language. That word is not tolerated here no matter how you spell it! Reread the guidelines.
    Jodi

2. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

What dealer was this? I'm in Minnesota too. I've had good luck talking to A-1 Outdoor Power in Corcoran.

Joel B.

3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

sounds like my toro dealer:angry:

4. sirsweatsalot

from MN

the dealer is in detroit lakes. i talked to toro guy about that A-1 place sounds like they are very helpful... but its a little to far to buy a mower that will just have to be servised by my best buddy in the whole world in DL.

5. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I understand. I have an Exmark dealer about 5 minutes from me and I drive to the one that is about 35 minutes away. If they were not as good as they were then I would not have an Exmark either. They should give these guys a lesson on how to talk to the customer and that we may actually know more about what we want (need) than they do. The dealer closes to me was off the list because when I went to look he started up a machine for me and he started it with the throttle wide open, let it run like that about a minute and then went ahead and turned the blades on (yes it was still wide open then). If they do not know how to operate them then why would I want to rely on them to service my machine when I need it.

You should have told that guy that the metro is what you want and if in fact he was correct about what you needed then he would actually sell even more mowers because you would have to come back and buy the Z.

6. sirsweatsalot

from MN

the next closes dealer is like 200 miles away! so im **** out of luck.

7. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Only you know what your needs are for your business. But, I too thought the same thing when I expanded an little this year. I thought I needed a bigger w/b. After some debate and good advise, I bought the Lazer. I can kick myself for not buying one earlier. With the added productivity I have been able to expand 40% beyond what I anticipated.
    There may be some truth to what your dealer is telling you. But, like I said. Only you know what your business can handle and needs. He doesnt need to be that overbearing. Let it go in one ear and out the other. In the end, You are the one that will write the check, not him.

8. sirsweatsalot

from MN

i forgot to tell you guys what he told me... he said i would do more buisness because i could lower my prices to take more guys out of the market and then intern pick up more clients because of the price drop. and i could afford this because the Z was going to save me so much time... im not saying the z would save time its just not what im looking for and what i need at this time.

9. Can we get a name and number?

I will add this to my call an bia bia list to call tomarrow.

Humm the rake guys and mower sales men have better watch out Lawnsite is on the war path.

10. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

you're problem is with the dealer, not exmark. he was obviously upselling you. (he may or not be right, only you know your props)

dont blame exmark, i'm sure he sells other brands as well.

next closest exmark dealer is 200 mi away, or any dealer??