exmark dealer price negotiation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by duckspuddle, Mar 1, 2007.

1. duckspuddle

duckspuddle LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a ultravac for my Exmark 60". Is it possible to negotiate price with the dealer? I can't believe there is no room for dickering. I'm blown away by the price of this unit($2400 for the three bagger). Really, other than the impeller, there isn't too much too this thing
    Joe

2. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

My dealer there is no price negotiating with him, the price is what it is and thats it, call me stupid but i like bc then i know im not getting screwed bc joe blow over there buys more equipment than me he gets a better deal? i pay the same price for my exspensive mower i want it to be the same price for someone who buys 2 or 3 in a season

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels bagger prices are CRAZY.

4. duckspuddle

good point. I never thought about it that way. I know I always feel like I'm getting screwed buying a car, wondering if someone else got a better deal.
    thanks
    Joe

5. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

You can negoitiate prices here. Not a whole lot but you might get 2 or 3 hundred dollars out of them. If they really want to make a sale, they'll make it work. Just dont ask for too much and be reasonable. Why do they have "sales" on them every so often. Look at getting a year old model thats still new but they would unload for a better price. Those have the warranty and usually you can get a few hundred off the price

6. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

$1500 for a 3 bag, $2000 for a QDS if i remember right

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Do you cut grass for free? IIRC from the price lists, 2 or 3 hundred bucks is about all the profit there is in the bagging systems because they are an accessory item. You people... gripe about guys out there lowballing lawns but you expect the dealers to do the same thing to each other. :hammerhead:

8. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I never got any price breaks, but my dealer has thrown in other free items 2cyl oil, string, filters and such.

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Joe, I looked into a Ultra bagger for our Lazer HP thats on order and it was 1675.00. The dealer had a dual 44gal. Trac Vac that was only used twice, after looking at the capacity of the Ultra Vac vs. the Trac Vac we bought this Trac Vac for only 1k. IMO the Trac Vac is easier and faster to unload and I bet even with only 2 44gal containers, its still more capacity then a dual or tripple Ultra vac.

10. duckspuddle

Hi Nobagger, which trac vac did you get? Does the unit hurt manuverability much? The unit I looked at didn't look to be very well made. I worry about dragging the hose around on the ground. I've looked at the 462 Z as an alternative to the ultravac, but the capacity is way down.