Exmark Dealers in CT

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kevin85, May 17, 2004.

1. kevin85

kevin85 LawnSite Member

Hello-

I am new to the forum and currently cut my lawn with an Encore Z-52 with a 20hp Kohler. I have gentle hills and cut about 2-2.5 acres. It takes me about two hours to cut the lawn, depending on conditions. Basically I am looking for something bigger to cut down on the time spent cutting. I would like an Exmark based on reviews.

I am looking for dealers in CT. The Exmark website only lists three places. Of the three, I was only able to contact one(wrong numbers). Can anyone give me some places to visit and try these machines out? Do most dealers have machines to demo? Is there a cost to trying these units? When is the best time to buy?

Thanks.

2. ssmokn

ssmokn LawnSite Member
    from CT

Try Schmidts and Serafines in Waterbury. It's about 40 minutes from Durham but it may be worth your while. I was there on Saturday pricing out a machine and I called a few other places today. Their prices where much better than the other dealers.

The phone number is 203-754-5981. It is an easy shot from Durham. Take 84 West to Route 8 North. Get off the Hundingdon Ave. Exit. Take a right off exit and Schmidts is about 1 mile or 1.5 miles up the road on your left. It is a hardware store but they sell a ton of commercial lawn equipment.

I have purchased from them in the past and the units are setup properly before delivery which makes for a nice experience.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kevin85,

If your near Schmidt and Serafines your in pretty good hands. Those guys have been a great dealer for a long time.

Send me a pm with you zip code to terry.eckert@exmark.com and I'll see if I can get you the corrected phone numbers.

Thanks

Terry

4. kevin85

kevin85 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. I will give that shop a call and see what they have.

Terry- I will send an email with zip code.

5. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

Try Chainsaws Unlimited in Southbury CT. number is 203-264-0808 ask for dave.

6. dondinct

dondinct LawnSite Member
    from CT

Try Frennetes in Hamden. I've been there several times and they always take the time to answer all my quesitons. They have Exmark, Scag, Shin, and some other minor brands.