1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark deck on a toro ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowersAhead, Aug 31, 2001.

1. MowersAhead

MowersAhead LawnSite Member

I am planning on buying a spare deck for my toro ztr

I was wondering if anyone knows if I could put an exmark deck on it . I bought this ztr about a year ago and
    since the machines seem to be the same i thought I might just put an exmark on it.
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

they are the same,, it seems that if somebody makes a better mower than toro, they just buy them.
  3. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Vipermanz, when you state they are the same do you know for a fact that the decks are interchangable? If so, can you put a 72" SFS Toro deck on an Exmark EPS that now has a 60" Exmark deck. Also, what would be involved in changing out these two decks.
  4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

No, No, No.

The deck are not "interchangeable"!

The carrier frame on a Toro is different, longer.

NO WAY would a 72" Toro deck even FIT under a 60" Exmark frame. (The Toro 72" frame is like 10" longer than an Exmark 60" - the SFS thing...)

Perhaps vice-versa with some modifitations, you could make it work.

Why do you want a "spare deck"?!
  5. If you had the same size deck you could but WHY would you want to at $1000 for the blank deck? If you have a 52" hp you can not put on a 60". Give us some clues to what ZTR you have and we might be able to answer questions with facts then just guessing!

EG: Exmark Lazer hp 52" 23 hp Kohler

or Exmark Lazer 52" 23hp Kohler (not the same mower as above)

No you are not going to be able to put a bigger deck on the smaller machines but give some more info and we'll see what we can do.

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i meant toro and eXmark are the same company!!!

Sorry If This Caused ANY Confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Vipermanz

No they are not the same company. They are run sepratly. Nor do they run them together. Toro is Toro. Exmark is Exmark. So to end the confusion the chassis on Toro and Exmark ZTR's are the same, but you have different styles to choose from. When the appropriate answer comes up I will tell him it if it feasible.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

take it over to exmark they shouldnt take long to check an see
  9. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

I tried to get an exmark deck to put on my smaller z-master(150 series) and was told that exmark won't , couldn't and wouldn't sell you the deck for fear of the risk of liability if someone got hurt because it wasn't the proper use for it.
    I ended up putting back on the same deck that came on it.(52"sfs)
    It cost me $918.00 and change plus tax for the bare shell and then you have to transfer over all your spindles and caster wheels etc..

If you were closer i could let you see if it would fit before you went out and bought one. I have a 72" Z-master and might even consider trading decks with you.

Dan G
  10. MowersAhead

MowersAhead LawnSite Member

I didnt realize how expensive these things were, I guess I will just stick with the one deck I have. Thought it was a good idea untill I heard the cost.
    I have a z150 and it cost me about 6000.00
    cant see spending over a thousand for another deck.
    I will just consider another mower as a back up instead.

Thanks Again for your input.