Exmark Deck on a Toro???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Apr 16, 2002.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone put a 52" Exmark deck on a 52" Toro mower. Can it be done? The machine frames are supposed to be identical, which leads one to believe it could be done. The reason I ask is because a friend has a 52" Toro and doesn't like the way it mulches in St Augustine grass and would prefer an Exmark which mulches extremely well in St Augustine.

2. Kevin Neely

Kevin Neely LawnSite Member

There are two types of recycler kits that are available from Toro. The first one is the traditional recycler kit with kickers located in the deck. The other kit which is referred to as a Z recycler kit is designed for high growth applications. Ask you pal if the kit he is using has kickers or not. If so, he may want to ask his dealer about the other kit for the applications he is using it in.

Good luck.

3. coyeote

coyeote LawnSite Member
    from MN

What is the difference between these two kits?

BRB

4. coyeote

coyeote LawnSite Member
    from MN

Mr. Neely,

Please tell me the difference in these two kits. You've obviously got a great deal of experience in your lawncare business with your 62" units. Why two kits anyway? Would you recommend them for year round use? What about spring grass? I am not a commercial landscaper but would appreciate the sharing of your professional knowledge. I'm a firm believer when buying a tool you should always get the opinion of someone who makes a living using that tool and not the guy who is trying to sell it to you. Even if in my case your not going to use it professionally yourself.

BRB