1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Deck Size

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by River Hill, Mar 18, 2004.

1. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

What are your thoghts of the Lazer 52 with a 27hp over the Lazer HP 52 with a 23hp? I just wonder how much better is the Ultracut Deck of the Advantage Deck? If you could just give us a Lazer HP 52 with 27hp and a Ultracut Deck. I do small 1/4 to 1/3 acre residentials. I know the frame is bigger on the full size Lazer and I don't know how much trimming capability it has with a 52" deck. The 52" deck is as large as I can go. I just wonder what is a better setup for my situation. The Lazer has more bells and whistles, but it might be harder to move around, because it's larger. I am looking for a great cut quality and good quality machine. As you know the Fescue in MD is very thick in the spring, so that's why HP is very important. I guess I could always get the Exmark Turf Tracer and put a Velke on it, since it has the Ultracut Deck. What are your guys thoughts?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Any of the three will work just fine. For smaller properties I'd go with the Lazer HP over the Lazer Z. The UltraCut really shines at higher speeds in wide open areas. On smaller lots the shear speed of the full size Lazer is not a big deal. The Lazer HP however trims better which can be a big benefit. I'd recommend demoing both and deciding for yourself.