1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by linky, Mar 23, 2002.

1. linky

linky LawnSite Member

A question for you Exmark guys. I am considering getting a 52'' hydro this season. I am wondering how well those decks cut crumby weed filled bi-weekly properties? I know that they are great on real lawns that are maintained properly. I cut the best of lawns and the worst of lawns-nothing in between. My toro sfs will do a great job on any type of lawn but my scag will only do a good job on a nice lawn. I just get frustrated at the dandilions left standing that the scag will not touch. How do those exmarks with the excalibers do? Thanks
  2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I have a Lazer Z w/ the 60" Ultra-Cut and it did a great job on the 2 weeker's I used to have. Pull up the discharge chute deflector and mow it down! Every now and then in the springtime there would be a 'stringer' or two if I went full blast...but no dandelions or clover tops. :D

Haven't tried the Excaliburs yet.
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

some of mine are on such a close budget that it is mowed every two wks.the lazer can give a fresh smooth cut in this situation.
    no it doesnt look like a lawn thats under the program,but it looks ok.