ExMark delays?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DaveinVa, Mar 27, 2001.

1. DaveinVa

DaveinVa LawnSite Member

Forum: I was wondering if any of you are experiencing long delays in receiving delivery of ExMark equipment? I was at our local (reputable) dealer on Friday and was told that they have one contractor who has paid for an exmark and has been waiting over 5 weeks now for the unit to come in. I was prepared to order 4 - 25hp - 60" Lazers - but I sure as heck don't want to wait that long.... The dealer has been will have been in business 100 years this month - owned by one of the wealthiest men in our community - I think he's been an ex-mark dealer for about 6 years now. If it weren't for his financial stability - I would think he's yanking my chain about the delays from Ex-mark - as an excuse for perhaps some deeper financial problems from within his company - but I know first hand that certainly is not the issue........any of you guys heard of problems at ExMark in making prompt deliveries?
    Thanks,
    Dave

2. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

I ordered a new Exmark with ECS and there is a delay on those units. They should start shipping this week. Those units are not manufactured at the Beatrice plant, but at another one. There were some quality issues with the new units and each unit is being quality checked. I was told this from a Exmark employee. They said they did not want to ship out any units that had any quality issues.