Exmark Demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KTNC, Jan 26, 2002.

1. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

I have been reading this forum for a couple months now, and I appreciate all the info provided by all of you experts in mowing. I mow about 5 acres and want to purchase a ZTR in the spring. From reading the past threads, I really feel a Toro SFS deck will be the best for our climate. I don't plan on mowing in the rain, but our grass here (northern NY) is very heavy and moist, usually all summer. However, my Exmark dealer who is 50 miles away advises he has an Exmark 23hp Kawi, 52 deck (demo with 10 hrs) he will sell for 6100, he wants 7000 for a new one. Is an Exmark's deck able to mow in heavy, wet, grass as well as the Toro's? Is that a good price?

2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Welcome to the forum!

You're right, Toro's do well in wet grass.

But to answer the questions:

Yes

Yes

3. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESY YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESY YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESY YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESY YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESY YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESY YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    AND YES

Exmarks were desinged to mow heavy wet grass.

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Ive yet to see a lawn mower that gives the cut of the Toro Z Master in pouring down rain. I know because i mow with one in these conditions and the lawns look great. I know to many cutters with exmarks that just can't do it clumps to bad. And there is no reason for them to be fibing me there friends. Marks Mowing Service It take the SFS system to get those results.

5. cormierlawn

cormierlawn LawnSite Member

If I can recall correctly Toro owns eXmark or eXmark owns Toro. But I thing Toro owns eXmark. If you look at both companies their mowers look almost the same..

6. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

Kevin, for what it's worth, I've seen the new 2002 Exmark Lazer Z 60" cut with 23hp Kohler on sale for $6995 thru March

7. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

I forgot to mention the Lazer Z 52" (I think w/23hp Kohler) is $6495

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

you are correct , Toro owns eXmark:)

9. Tors's deck has a deeper front of the deck that sort of helps the clipping get out of the deck better, but with Silver Streak high lift blades on,my Exmarks distribute the grass much better than the Toro 44"s I ran in the past.

That deck design has been copied in the past by many MFG's and is slowly on the way out of production.

10. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the input. Sooner that sounds like a good price for the 60. I'll let my dealer know about it. Final decision to be made in the spring when both models will be demo'd.