eXmark demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfdude, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Today I demoed some eXmark equipment. Started w/ the 52" Z w/ ultravac - very smooth machine, nice cut, great stripe, bagged very well - comparable to PECO unit. I had never run a twin stick as I currently have a snapper Z w/ PECO. This will be my newxt reider purchase, but in the 60" version. I also used their metro 48 w/ ECS controls. Again, never used ECS, only pistols, and a t-bar years ago. ECS IMHO was excellent. Had a nice sweet spot to simulate zero turns, and very easy on the hands. Whipped that machine around no problems. I didn't use the TTHP for mowing, just drove it around some. Very well built machine, but IMHO, I'm not gonna put out more $$$ for the hydros, when I know how they'll be abused.

I actually liked the manual blade engagement for the metro. As much as I personally love my standers, my staff has been getting a bit too lazy and making too many poor turns, so I'll be selling off a pair at years end and will be getting either 2 48 eXmark or 2 48 bobcat fixed deck w/b's for next season (belt drive). We don't mow too much in rain, so hydros aren't needed.

I can remeber when eXmarks had rubberbands for drivebelts and were the "landscaper supply" mower of the industry. They've come a long way baby.

2. shm

shm LawnSite Member

good info about the metros...as i am looking at the metro 36 and 48 inch deck...gear drive...wasn't sure about the ECS control system...has gotten mixed reviews but from someone that has used mostly pistols and now you have tried the ecs...i think i'll pay the extra $100 for the option...just curious- what kind of prices did they want for the 48" metro? they want around $2800 up here in CT

3. Good mowers to look at.

4. shm

shm LawnSite Member

Godfather - how would you compare the exmark metro 36 and 38 to the John deere walk behinds? also- are the prices that I am getting for the exmark's too high?

5. shm

shm LawnSite Member

that's 36" and 48"

6. I am not a fan of John Deere mowers. All I can say on that.

7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I demo'd the exmark lazer ct with ultra vac today with my boss and boy it was one of the best mowers i have ever used. We mowed some high grass like it hadn't been mowed in probably two weeks and the exmark only clogged twice as where our Walker would have been clogged constantly. We were very impressed with the work it did, and i planning on demoing a few more models. Great Great experience and machine(s).

8. shm

shm LawnSite Member

nnj and turfdude - happen to get any prices on the metro line?

9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Didn't get quote on metro, but 60"Lazer Z was $7700, + $1500 w/ ultravac & bagger.