Exmark ECS For Toro???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TPLawnPro, Jan 29, 2007.

1. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know whether Exmark's ECS Conversion Kit will work or actually apply to Toro's Walk-behind mowers?

I'm just wondering because Toro's new Hydro - Floating Deck models sure do look like some badazz work-horses, especially now that the TurboForce decks are being used on the hydro-floating deck models! I don't mind the pistol grips, don't much care for the T-Bar; but if the pistol grips could be converted over to the ECS controls, then that would especially make the new Toro Hydros w/floating decks some majorly serious competitors throughout the commercial hydro w/b marketplace!

:rolleyes: Just imagine it, a new Toro Hydro WB, with your choice of either 36",40",48" or 52" TurboForce deck, the properly designated 17hp/19hp V-Twin Kawasaki engine, electric start, with ECS Controls at the helm. I don't know about the rest of you, but that would definitely seal the deal for me.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You need to know the exact model of exmark mower toro is using. Then you need to find an "update kit" that might not be available.

You might just wait till toro swallows exmark and puts the "all new toro exclusive TCS Controls" on it.

3. TPLawnPro

Good idea. Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone else?

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

just buy a turf tracer and get it over with...........

5. TPLawnPro

Why not a Turf Tracer?

Because first of all, I am anxious to get my paws on the TurboForce deck. Nonetheless, Toro's hydro floating deck walk-behinds in 36" and 40" deck models come with a 17hp Kawasaki V-twin. The extra horsepower delivery on the Toro is certainly a welcome advantage here in the deep tropical south. Oh, and the three blades spinning under the 40" TurboForce floating deck should benefit from the extra power as well.

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well from the pictures I have seen, the new Toros look real similar to the Turf Tracers. The gas tank is the same, the side plates where the pivot points where the control rods go down to look the same too. It might work but I'd think you'd have to examine both closely in person to be sure.

7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't the new Triton decks come on some of the Exmark walkbehinds? or am i wrong. The Toro and Exmark walkbehinds are very similar. The ECS is nice but i still like my Toro T-Bar also.

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

No, the Turf Tracer and Turf Tracer HP mowers have the Tri-Vantage or Ultra Cut deck, depending on deck size and which model you get.

9. TPLawnPro

Thanks FiveBoy01. I believe you're right. I think I am going to have to go and personally investigate the possibility.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Its not cost effective.