Exmark ECs or Hustler H-bar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by svlandscape, Mar 10, 2005.

1. svlandscape

svlandscape LawnSite Member

Hey Guys, I am in the market for a new walk behind. I currently have a Toro Proline 36" fixed deck with the T-bar steering and I am very happy with it. Although it is about 6 years old, it is in very good condition since I have maintained it myself since it was new.

I am thinking about buying either an Exmark Viking 36" with the 15 hp Kawasaki or the Hustler 37" with the 15 hp Kawasaki. Either machine would be used on overseeded bermuda in the winter and common/ hybrid bermuda in the summer pulling a Velke X2 and a 170 lb operator.

I saw the Hustler when the Mow for Victory Tour stopped by at the local Exmark/Huslter dealer and it was really nice!

Which machine might be better for me and why? Thanks for the opinions!

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I cant say which is better for you, but we have had a Hustler 37 for 4 years. We really like the H bar controls.

3. svlandscape

I guess I should be asking what do you like/not like about each machine and why? Would you buy it again?

4. svlandscape

Also, when I saw the Hustler the other day, it seem really long. It was the 48" model and it is 77.5" long. It is quite a bit longer than my Toro 36"

5. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

just learn to use the search feature....all you have to do is type in h-bar vs ecs and you will get about 35 threads to this subject that has been hashed and rehashed to death...

why is it that people are so lazy?

6. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I have an exmark with ECS and it is pretty comfortable. I can't compare since i have never used the T-bar before but it looks like it would be even easier on your wrists and forearms then the ESC. I would demo both and see which fits you.

7. svlandscape

You know, I was hoping to get some input from professionals, if you can't help with a worthwhile response, then don't go to a thread like this and waste your time and mine!

8. svlandscape

Thank you for your professional response!

9. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

You have at your disposal a wealth of information contained in the archives. [use the search feature] My advise to you is to make good use of it. You will find what you seek there. Don't be so lazy or selfish.

10. svlandscape

Lazy, selfish? YOU have no idea, you don't know me!

THAT being said, everytime I have tried to use the search feature, the keywords I type in are usually buried in a reply and I have to scroll through page after page and the information I am looking for is usually not being discussed in that particular thread.

NOW, I did do a search on my original question and YES you are right about the H-bar vs ECS being discussed time after time, but what on this site hasn't? I am not saying anything negative about lawnsite it is very informitive and worthwhile, but what would someone who is new and looking for professional help think if after every question someone tells him/her to do a search?