Exmark ECS with OCDC (Director) and Proslide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by River Hill, Jun 2, 2001.

1. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Just curious.. why aren't you mulching???

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Bringing up an old post in hopes that Brians is still on board here and can tell us if he did in fact get that director made for his W/B?

Brians ya out there? We need an update.

3. REO

REO Guest

I'm the one who designed the EZ striper and the Director. For everyone's information about these 2 products, The EZ Striper can only be purchased through eXmark. By the way the EZ Striper will not fit on a walk behind. There isn't enough room between the deck and the drive wheels. However I'm working on a product this winter to fit on the walk behinds. As for the Director I think that it will fit on the walk behinds but you have to stop the unit to operate it because it fits on the deck. If you are willing to do so it would be a matter of the length of the lifting rod.

4. XMARKFAN

XMARKFAN LawnSite Member
    from PA

I also got my Directors for my eXmarks at YSM and I do know that they make them for the 61" scag and all lazer eXmarks except for the 44" & 48" . I think thats all the ones they make them for. I think that you have to have enough room on the deck to mount them.

5. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

:blob1: I purchased "the Director" and have used it for a couple weeks now. The thing won't stay in the fully open position and it doesn't close tightly. I should have purchased one from BHB. On top of that I have emailed my concerns to York and have yet to get a reply.:mad: Good luck to those that buy them!

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Mid Rivers,

I don't know how the newer Directors operate, but you have to be REAL careful where you place your control tower. I had to clamp it in several different locations to get it to close tightly and open over center and rest on the actuator rod.

I have since installed threaded rod and two heim joints so that it is adjustable. It now goes over center more and lays back flatter against the rod. Way out of the way.

Here are pics of it before the heim joints.

Excuse the dirty mower!

the director1.jpg

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Pic 2

the director2.jpg

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Pic 3

the director3.jpg

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Now here's one with the threaded rod and heim joints.

ocdc.jpg

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Mid Rivers
    i just ordered The New and Improved QWIKCHUTE Very nice people To Talk to. It took David At Yourksheet Three days to call Me and tell Me I Would have to send a check that will take to long.
    the lever you push forward To open it. I'll Let you Know How it Is Soon.
    John.

www.qwikchute.com