1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark ECS with OCDC (Director) and Proslide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by River Hill, Jun 2, 2001.

1. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

So you had to modify a piece of equipment that you paid at least a couple hundred bucks for! I still have not heard anything from York. Buyer beware.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

But thats just me!

I really feel that they should offer the Director with Heim joints, but that would just make the price even higher! Stainless Steel threaded rod isn't cheap, and the Heim joints arent cheap either. Both were free and available to me, so I retrofitted. Otherwise their fit, finish and build quality is second to none. Paint is nicer than that of my Lazer!

I am really surprised that YSM is not calling you back. Every time I called I got RESULTS. You are CALLING on the phone and asking for DAVE, right? Email communication with YSM has ALWAYS been very unreliable.

As I said before, I was their first paying customer for REO's Roller and Director. My invoice was # 1001!

I had problems adjusting the roller to the proper height. 2 days later I recieved a package with 2 new brackets.

I had problems with the original Director, it wasn't closing flush with the deck, allowing grass to excape. 2 days later I recieved a package with a whole new plate.

I'm sure they are busy as all get out with the Exmark contract for the striping roller.
  3. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

How does the linkage react to adjustments in deck heights on your lazer?

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The entire package is mounted to the deck. If the deck raises, so does the whole thing. So, no linkage problems, nothing changes with deck position.

I believe all OCDC's on ZTR's are like that. At least all that I've seen.
  5. Ricks Z28

Ricks Z28 LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Which hole in the flap did you install your lifting rod in. It's supposed to go in the lower one. What unit did you install your director on. Maybe I can help since I designed it.