Exmark ECS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SKDCO, Jul 24, 2000.

1. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

Saw the Exmark Turf Tracer HP w/ E.C.S.(Enhanced Control System) @ Expo. They unvieled it Saturday A.M. Looks like flying a fighter jet, feels pretty good too. It would be nice if other mfg.s could get a simular set up.Did anyone else see it? What did you think?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was there and got to use that unit in the outdoor demo area.<br>It was pretty nice, although my hands felt a little pain, I think the safety lever could be a bit thinner, other than that the unit is very nice with the new steering.

3. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

I didn't get to use it outside but wish I had. I currently own Scags and wish they had a grip of that style. But I'm not sure about curb hopping, I mean the 4 to 5 inch high square curbs. I have a commercial account that has those curbs and to add to the problem the pavement is an additional 1 inch below the lip of the curb.So when you get hung up and have to pull up on the handle (where they are now) you have plenty of leverage as where in the new position you have lost some leverage because the grips are higher. But like all things I guess you would adapt.

4. Parrot

Parrot LawnSite Member

could someone describe this new turf tracer for me, please? is it ready for production or was this a prototype?

5. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

It is a 2001 model.As far as I know. everything is the same as before except for the handles. As you grip them it is almost like a jet fighter or formula 1. Your hands are at 10 and 2 not 8 and 4 they are saying less discomfort and fatigue.

6. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey Guys-<p>It does look like some type of fighter pilot game or something.. I didn't even get to use it. We were there Sat, Sun and Mon and there were people flocked around it and waiting to use it. I didn't wait for it, I like the way the controls are now. Guess I don't like change too much.<p>Mike <br>Greenkeepers

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

I saw and I tested the new Exmark. What a hoot. I played for about ten minutes with no arm shoulder pain. According to Exmark rep, the machines can be purchased but will not be delivered to your dealer until January 2001. SH*T!<p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com