1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Etreme blade reviews

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Aug 9, 2005.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just put on a new set of the Exmark Etreme blades because I did not have time to sharpen the high lifts. Well they did a pretty good job on a thick fescue yard that had went 10 days without mowing. The conditions were dry but they put a nice stripe on the yard and I noticed the clippings were etremely small (almost dust). I side discharge but use blades like this or gator type blades in the fall mostly but they did so well today that I may leave them on for a while. Not sure how they will preform when conditions are damp or high humidity. Any other reviews on this blade.? I would be interested in your opinions. Thanks.

Cut was very smooth just like the high lifts in these conditions anyway.
  2. tacoma200

Nobody else has tried these blades? Just wanting to know if you like them or not. They seem to have good lift and very fine clippings.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I am thinking of getting a set, how much were they. If you don't mind me asking, THanks
  4. tacoma200

They were close to $13 each at my local dealer. Should work great this fall.
  5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

What makes them better over the high lifts?
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What ARE they?
  7. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I'm wondering?
  8. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

me too. the sound like they have a notched foil?
  9. tacoma200

They look like the gator blades only they are oem Exmark blades. I usually only use them in the fall to beat the leaves into dust but I put them on while I was sharpening the high lifts and they seemed ot do a pretty good job (dry grass) and watching those extra small clippings being discharged was impressive. The cut may not be as smooth as the high lifts but the clippings were much smaller. Just somthing to consider. I'm not sure if they are better than regular gators but they did not leave a heavy discharge of grass during heavy mowing. The clippings were so small they kind of dissapeared into the grass. Probably not as good as the high lifts in summer but I think I will run them all the time this fall. They are actually considered a mulching blade but I side discharge. My dealer gave them to me at a price compareable to Jt-Thomas no name blades.
  10. hamsey

hamsey LawnSite Member
    from CT

I was told by my dealer that they are a mulching blade. Thinking about getting a set to tryout.