Exmark Explorer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by phillylawnking1, Sep 1, 2003.

1. phillylawnking1

phillylawnking1 LawnSite Member

What was the last year exmark made the explorer?
    Thanks,Matt

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Matt,

Thanks for the post. We don't get many Explorer questions these days.

The Explorer was a fine machine that we pulled out of our line up in 1999.

Thanks

Terry

3. phillylawnking1

phillylawnking1 LawnSite Member

terry ,what would you think a good price would be for a 97 with 250 hours in good condition?
    Thanks for your time,Matt

4. eXmark

Matt,

That's a tough call. In some parts of the country that machine could still bring near new price because it performs well and they are getting hard to find.

Ballpark the mower sold for around $8500 when new and you can figure $5-$10 depreciation for every hour of use. In some cases it will be less in others it will be more.

Again this is only a ballpark estimate. The mower is really worth what ever you think it is worth and nothing more. I might think it's worth $6k but you might think it's worth more.

The Explorer was a great machine but time and technology passed it by. It would still be a great machine today just real slow in comparison to a Lazer. If you've got the bagging model be sure to adjust the belts per the operator’s manual. If the manuals have been lost e-mail me with the serial number and I'll have one sent out.

Thanks

Terry

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I would like to see that mower come back around. Did it have counter rotating blades and an impeller/vacuum system? Any plans for the re-production of this mower? What would it take to get it back into production?

Thanks.

6. eXmark

Greenman,

I doubt we will ever see the Explorer in production again with out extensive updates and modifications.

The Explorer did have counter rotating blades, impellor/vac etc. It was a great machine but was in need of some changes.

Do we need a dedicated bagging rider? I know in some parts of the country and on specific property types it may be quite popular.

Thanks

Terry