1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Financing!!???

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by IMAGE, Oct 31, 2007.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Is it true that starting tomarrow Exmark is gonna have a financing deal of 0% interest for the first year, with no payments -- followed by 36 months @ 1.9% interest with normal payments?

This seems like a GREAT DEAL! In comparing all the brands and deciding which to go with, the financing is important, especially for a startup like me. All I can say is if it really is this good... I will be starting with Exmark next spring!!
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

It is true that we are offering a brand new finance program. The program is 6 months, no payments, deferred interest, followed by 1.9% for 36 months. Some customers find the no payments, deferred interest portion of the program confusing, but w/ this plan it's relatively simple. During the first 6 months no payments are required, but interest is accruing on the principal balance at 1.9%/month. At the end of the 6 months, any unpaid interest accrued, is added to the principal balance and monthly payments begin and remain at 1.9% for 36 months.

Several other loans such as college loans operate in the same fashion. When students are still in school (not in repayment), the interest on their loans is still accruing. It is the students choice to pay off that interest before they enter repayment, or to let the outstanding interest capitalize to the principal balance.

All that being said, 1.9% is darn cheap money!!