Exmark Floating Decks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by majorjake, May 9, 2006.

1. majorjake

majorjake LawnSite Member

With the Exmark w/b floating decks, how easy is it to change the cutting height?

2. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

for the floating deck models....A matter of seconds.

3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

VERY easy all u have to do is pull out 4 cotter pins and put them in the hole you want it in... It has a little diagram on the deck that shows what whole=what height it will mow at. That is one thing I wanted to be easy, when I bought mine and I love it. I was used to having to take the blades off my old metro and mess with the washers to adjust height... Not any more very nice and easy....

4. majorjake

So before you pull out the cotter pins to adjust, do you have a lever to pull the deck up to hold it while you change the height?

For example with a ZTR you use the foot pedal to raise the deck and then you pull the pin to change the height.

5. ACER

ACER LawnSite Member

No pedal, there are handles on each corner. You pick up one corner at a time and adjust the height.

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

#1 floating hydro walk...eXmark TTHP. kind a spendy but worth every penny.
    hug hill like glue, well-balanced and superb cut.

7. majorjake

Thanks Acer for the detailed explanation.

8. ENDURO

ENDURO LawnSite Member

I have the Metro 48" w/ floating deck. Very easy to adjust as noted above. My advise is go w/ the hydro instead of a belt drive. It will cost almost 2k more new, but well worth it. I have the belt drive and it wears me out fast. If I had it to do over again, I would probably go w/ a slightly used hydro over a new belt drive.

9. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

As much as I love my 2 Exmark TTHP's, I wish Exmark would design one with height adjustments like on their Lazers. I would think this would be possible, right? Other than that, both have been great machines.

10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Enduro, I hear your pain...having run belt metro for 2 full seasons myself I know where you coming from. Yeah, hydro walk is worth better but still...if you want to see real cutting you need to get a Z cause there is the badest and best of machinel. You can cut 20 lawns with belt, 30 lawns with hydro, but the Z will push you over 50 lawns itself easily. I love the fact that I don't get beaten up when coming home, having energy to go fishing and enjoying life, I thin all walk is really for hill, and slope and ditch. period. To use it primary mower you ask yourself trouble. my 2 cents