Exmark flow control baffle??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, Mar 14, 2004.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

For those that have installed this kit.
    I have the baffles, but don't understand the instructions. What hardware are you suppose to remove before placing the templet on the deck? Not sure where the templet is suppose to line up.
    Is the baffle positioned outside on the current baffle (between the leading edge and current baffle) or between the current baffle and the blades?:(

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just for identification, before anyone answers this, are we talking about the anti blowout baffle, or the mulching kit baffles that close off each bay under the deck?

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

4. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

I've run some mowers w/ and without the
    little metal pieces I think you're talking about but it didn't seem to make much difference either way....Personally I put them in because I think the extra metal helps the structural integrity of the deck....

Andrew

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

John, as I read this, I am thinking now, as it reads "template". I would guess that the mulching kit has a template for the holes, as the anti-blowout baffle doesn't. I don't know, because I've never installed either one of these.

6. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Better ask your question in the exmark forum.;)

7. John Gamba

from ct

8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he is talking about the anti blow out baffle, it goes on the outside edge, the two holes line up on discharge chute side.You don,t take anything off. it has been a while, but I think that was the way it was set up.
    I put one on my lazer, and didn,t see much difference at all.

9. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am talking about the blow out baffles. The install calls for drilling into the top of the deck to mount.

10. John Gamba

from ct