Exmark frontrunner mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hartmas, Jun 14, 2006.

1. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

I was given a Exmark frontrunner 60 inch deck disel mower for a loaner yesterday and I have to tell you it is the best mower and best cutting machine I have ever used. Anyone else uses a front runner or a mower with the deck out in front? What do you think?

2. palm boy

palm boy LawnSite Member

We run a frontrunner 89' Ransomes 60 w/ 23 mitsubishi diesel. Awesome machine & engine. Leaves a beautiful cut on St. Augustine or Bahia. Would probably leave a great stripe up north. Grass here does not really stripe. Too tough and grows to fast. Did not know Exmark made a frontrunner. Must be a new machine. Will have to check it out. The only bad thing about our machine is that they do not make it anymore. Thanks for sharing the info.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about the 3 wheeler from Ransomes? This isn't even close to what this Exmark is. Years ago, the first front deck I operated was a ransomes. It was the larger 4 wheeled front deck design, and had the 4 cylinder Continental motor in it. It was the same motor they were putting in cars like the Chevette and Buick Skyhawk.

4. palm boy

palm boy LawnSite Member

I am talking about the Ransomes Jaguar4000 w/ 4 wheels + the 2 front deck wheels. I do not know how close this is to the Exmark front runner - as I said before I have not seen this mower. Headed out of town now but will post a pic next week when I return.

5. Hushko

Hushko LawnSite Member

I bought the 60 inch FrontRunner with the 27 HP Kohler a few weeks back. This machine leaves a fantastic cut and there's much less vibration than my Z. It takes some getting used to when you cross-over from a mid-mount mower. It's especially great for mowing under pine trees. I'm noticing that the engine bogs down a lot even on the slightest incline. The only problems I'm having thus far is that the internal brake sticks in the right wheel motor, the fuel gauge leaks gas down the side of the tank, and the mower deck is a bear to clean despite the hydraulic lift deck. Unfortunately, the deck has a ton of weld splatter underneath making it extremely difficult to scrape. My old Lazer Z was as smooth as glass and therefore didn't hold on to the clippings so badly.