eXmark gone thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I wanted everyone to know that the "eXmark gone..." thread was pulled from the site. There were about 10 posts made and most every post was way off and incorrect information. I know, I know....this is where I get accused of protecting sponsors. That's fine. But in this case when people are rambling about eXmark - all utter nonsense. This goes for any company - Hustler, Stihl, Wright, Meg-Mo, Ferris, etc...

There are many companies who sponsor this site who do NOT have a dedicated forum. eXmark was the first company to offer such a service to the LawnSite community. Terry manned the forum but no longer holds that position. eXmark has not found anyone to replace him - plain and simple. However, just about any question one may ask about eXmark has probably been answered several times over in their forum - all you need to do is look or use the search feature. eXmark is well aware of the influence of lawnsite and it's members. They know that the good comes with the bad and they appreciate the end user's input - that's why they are here. Now please, no more ridiculous posts about he said she said...

It would be like you not showing up to mow someone's lawn on a Friday and it being posted all over town that you do not care about your customers, your business is going downhill fast, and your competition is ready to take you over...all the while you were sick, or your truck was being fixed or you were at your son's graduation....think about it.
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry if we were out of line. I sure miss the Exmark forum and will be glad to have them back. They have an exellent customer support group and these guys know the Exmark machines from front to back. They are the most helpful customer support group I have encountered anywhere. The support # is 800-667-5296
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Toro will Never Be your Daddy.
  4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Toro ' shareholders don't think that way, Fareway...
  5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Coincidentally (or maybe not) those are all sponsors of the site as well.

Does this also go for mis information regarding mowing, spraying and all the other maintenance, landscaping, plowing, sweeping, sealing and any other fourums that I may have missed? Are you going to delete every post that is giving bad info on topics other than the sponsor supported ones as well?
  6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very true but Sean does own his own business (lawnsite) and could do what he wants. I think I have read posts that said the customer is not always right and we are the customer. Could some of us be the bad whining pita customer who complains about how Sean runs his site.

You trying to start trouble in river city. :D
  7. Sean Adams

BC - there is a difference between business owners posting their opinion and methods of doing business versus people posting unfounded false information about a company - whether they are a sponsor or not. I listed sponsors in my example but if you search the site you will see I have stopped this same kind of posting when it came to non-sponsors as well (Husqvarna most recently)... bottom line is no one on this site, inlcuding me knows the true story about what these companies are doing in the board room, decisions they are making, future plans, etc... if we did they would not be a very good company.

Like I said when you "hear" something from your dealer, or you "heard" about something at a machine shop, or you are "hearing" rumblings from other LCO's, it is all just that - hearsay and it has no place on this site.
  8. Hollis Maintenance

Hollis Maintenance LawnSite Member

Sean and the whole forum- As the originator of this thread i just wanted to apologize for starting all this. I never knew in my wildest dreams it would cause "A disturbance" and a slight headace for Sean. I just enjoyed reading the threads, good or bad. It kinda puts you in-touch with the company...
  9. Sean Adams

No problem at all... believe me, we would love to see eXmark active on the site again. We have discussed this with them and they told me that for right now they are not able to man the forum, but as soon as something changes they would let me know. eXmark has been a great sponsor for a long time. They genuinely care about this industry and this forum (and it's members).
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I was watching that STUPID thread and was about to reply to how ignorant it was. Glad to see you pulled it and explained why. Unknowing people hearing info from unknowing dealers and then posting for unknowing readers to analyize is so bad it is sometimes funny.

thanks Sean.