Exmark Good Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T-N-T Lawn Care, Jun 28, 2003.

1. T-N-T Lawn Care

T-N-T Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hi.... First I would like to say Hi to everyone, I am new to the site and I like it alot. Everyone here to seems to be very nice and helpful. I have been on other lawn site forums and they have had not so nice people on there.

Anyways.... My question is, What can you quys tell me about the exmark mowers. Are they any good? I currently have toros but looking into something else and I notice the exmark has pretty reasonable prices, but is it a good mower? I love my toros but they can be pricey. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Tina

2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Tina- Exmark makes fabulous mowers! I loved mine, they were both great, I am out of the business now though. Exmark and Toro are actually related, I believe Toro owns exmark, many of their mowers are similar now. What specifically are you looking for? A 21, a Walk Behind or a ZTR? That will help more... Mike

3. T-N-T Lawn Care

I am looking at a ZTR. I'm not sure of the size yet.

Tina

4. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I loved my exmark ZTR, in my opinion exmark and hustler seem to be the best, though I have never actually used a hustler, so I will be bashed for commenting on them. I should say, there customer service seems to be the best by reading posts here on ls. I have sent you a PM about it too. Thanks, Mike

5. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

hi tina,
    good to see that others are concerned about niceness in here.
    depending on your needs youll find exmark to be top quality machines.i just bought a lazor hp 44" and couldnt be happier with it.fits thru a typical 4' privacy gate just fine.very manuverable and it keeps me from pulling the w\b off the trailer.with it and a 21"trim mower you can tackle most residential and alot of commercial applications.it mows fast too, 10 mph and up to 4 acres in an hour(i cant find yards flat enought to mow at that speed).
    at close to 6000.00 exmarks can be pricey also.but" ya get whats ya pays for".

good luck on your purchase

6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

If you use the "search" feature at the upper right hand of the screen (just put in "exmark"), you will find thousands (or more!) of threads on Exmark. Essentially all of them are positive. Also, check out the Exmark section of the message board.

7. bluemoon7

bluemoon7 LawnSite Member

Hi Tina,
    Exmark is a great machine and is owned by Toro but don't be fooled. Exmark has a much, much, much better deck. It's deeper and the blade tip speed is faster. When Toro bought them,they would not let the patent rights for the deck go. It will outcut a Toro 7 days a week. The first two mowers I purchased were Toro's but once we bought our Exmarks, There was no turing back. Not sure about being cheaper though, at least not by me. A new 60" Lazer w/ 28 EFI Kohler is 9600 new without the Ultra Vac. I think the vacs are about 2200. You can buy a Toro for about 8000. I guess it depends on the machine. Hope I was a little help

8. T-N-T Lawn Care

Thanks guys for all your help. I will be sure to search for the exmark info. Around here everyone seems to have toros but I have had serveral problems with mine. It looks like exmark may be the one.

Thanks again,

Tina

9. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

my wifes name is tina...your not her tryin to cut me out are ya? lol

10. T-N-T Lawn Care

LOL... Nope it's Tina here in Jax, Fl. Alot people think I am crazy being in this business. But I love it.

Tina