Exmark + Groundbreakers = Great Lawn Stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BobR, Sep 4, 2003.

1. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I waited for an adjustable roller with which to stripe lawns (some customers do not like the 'barber pole' look) and Bryant LaFlair from Groundbreakers came through for me. Have used the roller for three problem free weeks, the roller itself is spring loaded and will deflect (uneven lawn or obstacle hidden in grass) about 3", mounting system allows you to position the roller from ground level (maximum stripe effect) to zero contact all you have to do is pull the four mounting pins reposition the roller bracket and reinsert the locking pins. For me that feature plus you get to keep your 'gauge rollers' puts this unit 'over the top' in desirability.

Will post a series of pictures including before and after roller shots.

BobR

2. BobR

Trim side of deck illustrating clearence of bracket and tire

3. BobR

Chute side.

4. BobR

Under side of machine with roller in place and set for a 3" cut.

5. BobR

Lawn picture taken before roller was used

6. BobR

Next week - roller used, the picture does not do the stripes justice.. pics were taken a week apart at close to the same time of day (angle of the sun is the same for both pics). I have not mowed the lawn again this week (rain) but the stripes are still very evident.

7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

They look pretty much the same to me, but things are different in person. Hope the kit works out for ya

8. BobR

Expert Lawns - I have been doing that lawn for 5+ years and it is a real neat piece of property, sloped just right from the sidewalk (where I took the pictures) the positioning makes it a real showcase for folks taking a walk or people driving bye. Property changed hands just before I started doing the lawn and the new owners have and still are investing in the property, their goal is to have it returned to its former prominence.
    BobR

9. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

The house is beautiful.....................and look at that lawn!!!

nice pics man

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Do they have a web-site?

From the "underneath" pictures, it looks very much like the roller & brackets I built for my Z. I wish you had taken a close up pic near the brackets while it was still on the floor.

My Z already did great job of striping and my roller didn't really make all that much difference. So I ended up taking it off because I didn't feel the result was worth worrying with it being on there.

A spring loaded roller might be worth trying out though. How much did the roller $et you back???