exmark handle

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by shane mapes, Sep 27, 2007.

1. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

was almost finished for the day today , when my helper tells me "hey man the handle broke off " the handle right above the bolts cracked and that was it. its the metro 26 that every body complains about for different reasons . i have had it for about 16 months with no problems what so ever. by looking at it , it looks as if the handle is to thin for such a heavy mower. has this happened to any of you guys ? so now i dropped it off at my bus. partners place to see how long it will take to get it replaced. besides this problem this mowers been perfect

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

shane mapes,

We have a new handle that, so far has been more durable than our older version. Check w/ your dealer about getting one.

Just out of curiosity, are you bagging w/ your 26? Also, has your 26 replaced your 21s or do you still operate 21s?

Thanks,
    Casey

3. shane mapes

i have not check with my dealer yet , but i was wouindering do yoou know how much the new handles are? yes we bag at all stops and i still use 31 as well here in ca. were i'm at most gates and lots are very small. but the 26 is just right for most of my work . a little heavy but well worth it

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

shane mapes,

I spoke w/ the engineer of the Metro 26, and he would like to speak w/ you about how the unit is holding up. Would you be willing to give him a couple minutes on the phone? If so, PM me your phone number and a good time for Tom (the engineer) to reach you.

What brand of 21s are you using?

Thanks,
    Casey

5. shane mapes

hey Casey i do not know how to pm so i will give you my phone 3 here it is 1-707-678-2039. best time to call is between 10 am and 2 pm on the weekends..west coast time that is the 21 s i use are all Honda's . i just noticed the 26 last year when my dealer dixon power equipment let me use it for 2 weeks . i really enjoyed it and it save me a bunch of time. the 21 s i haven't use or even noticed but this next season if i pick up more work i want to get another 26 thanks.