1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Have a Crappy Cut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MightyMc12, Jul 13, 2004.

1. MightyMc12

MightyMc12 LawnSite Member

Do the exmarks cut as well as snappers and toros? My dealer said that exmarks dont do very well in long grass. WBs I mean.
  2. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

My Exmark 36" Viking hydro leaves the lawn looking like it was done with a laser scalpel, straight and level. One would not believe a mower would make that kind of difference.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

This is just too generic a question. What size walkbehind are we talking about here? My Exmark Metro 36" will go through just about anything and leave a nice looking cut but then I've rarely seen any complaints about cut quality on any 36" mower.
  4. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

It depends on if you have high lift blades on or not to though
  5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto. I mean, a walk-behind that can't cut deep grass is pretty much worthless. After all, if I gotta walk behind the da**ed thing, it had better cut like a demon or I'm taking it back to the dealer and mowing him.
  6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I cut some TALL grass with both of my exmarks. Mulch kits on both. No problems.
  7. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

My Exmarks (48" LazerHP & 36" Metro HP) out cut all the other mowers I have - TORO, GREAT DANE & ENCORE.

8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

my exmarks...36 and 52's cut fabulous..even when the blades are a bit dull. Never cease to be amazed how perfect these machines cut. NOt a straggler anywhere ...looks like a carpet when done
  9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

No machine cuts thick tall grass as well as an Exmark. No matter what blades are on it.
  10. jaguar4000

jaguar4000 LawnSite Member

Never heard anything negative about Exmark wb cut. I am looking at a metro 36 12.5 kaw belt drive myself. Deciding b/w that or scag belt 36 w/ 13 twin kohler. Only $100 difference- the scag being more. There are alot of quality wb's on the market now, gravely, scag, exmark, toro, etc. that give excellant cuts. This is a great thing b/c it keeps the new machine costs competitive. Most often it comes down to maintenace- sharp blades etc. and of course the operator when it comes to good cuts.

right on naturescape!! - NO MORE BUSH!!
    just returned from first trip to Australia- they say no more Bush also. Great people over there.