ExMark Help??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Coumbe, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

2 months ago I purchased a new ExMark 32 in. Metro Walk behind. 1 month ago I purchased a sulky for it. At first it would pull me around in any gear, although I almost always used 3rd. gear because the grass is very thin and easy to cut. Now it will only pull me in 1st. and 2nd. gear. The belt is not slipping, the drive pulleys just stop turning. Is it normal for the transmission to have these problems so soon? Is there anything I can do, like a stronger transmission?? Thank you in advance for your help

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Coumbe,

It sounds to me like you have a transmission belt slipping. The transmission belt is under the engine deck of your Metro.

Don't worry; it's not too bad to make the adjustment. Here's what you need to do. Look in the ADJUSTMENTS section of your Operator's Manual. In it, there is a sub-section entitled Transmission Belt Adjustment. Read this section and make the necessary adjustments. If you have any questions after reading this sub-section, feel free to create another post or e-mail me at dustin.schwab@exmark.com. If you can't locate your Operator's Manual, you can download one from our web site. Here is a direct link to that page on our web site -

http://www.exmark.com/Manuals.htm#Metro

If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Here to help,

Dustin Schwab
    Exmark Customer Support

3. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I found the adjustment pulley and it look like it will be very simple. Again, Thank You.