exmark hitch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TNWS, Dec 24, 2005.

1. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

For some reason my threads aren't beig posted !

Anyway is there a hitch made for exmark ?

2. wowlawncare

wowlawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

Exmark dosnet cover a macheine for pulling. If you would happen to shread the pumps they arent covered. Got a letter from exmark and they said max load is 80lbs. This is why I use the chopper for all my pulling and pushing. They cover the pumps for 2000lbs. Ive pulled more.

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I think they are going to the eXmark forum instead. Check there, they have a sponsor dude answer questions all the time.

4. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Ever seen Dixie do its testing, they hook two mowers together and pull like hell at full blast and see which pulls the other mower across a line, If it can survive that, they can pull a damn spreader for sure.

5. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

I've got hitches on two of my lazers. Never had a problem pulling anything. And I pull around a big ol' goosen vac for both spring and fall cleanups. I've also fabed one up by looking at the old ones. It;s real easy.:cool:

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I U bolted a class 2 frame hitch to the rear of my lazer when I had it...I pulled a 200 gallon spay rig and had a hich mounted 12 volt spreader with 100 lb capacity...never any problem....Just be smart. smooth starts and stops..

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have hitch on my Toro Z Master, pulled some pretty heavy stuff and never had any problems.

8. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

Exmark makes a hitch for the Z's, it runs about $50 though. I made one out of angle iron.

9. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

I have a super z / my brother has the exmark. I bought the( $29.00 ) hitch for my z / love it. Brother's BD is jan. 5 I was going to get him one for his exmark.

10. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

I just used a piece of angle iron I had laying around, bolted it to the rear frame rails. I pull a small dump cart and a sweeper, nothing heavy.