Exmark HP 19/48" ????

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by zapufast, Dec 9, 2004.

1. zapufast

zapufast LawnSite Member

I recently bought a used 2001 Exmark HP with a 19 HP Kawa and 48 inch cut. The machine was owned my an individual that mowed his yard with it for 3 seasons. I was really just wanting to know if I got a decent deal on it or not....not like I can help it now, if I didn't. He wanted 3800 for it and I talked him down to 3600. The unit is very clean and it has 167.7 hours on it. I wish I had a little bigger motor on it, but this was the only unit I found that was close to my price range that met my needs. It has a mulching kit on it and if you get in thick grass you can hear the toll on the motor. Do most of you use the mulching kits or do you discharge?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Zap,

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. With 167 hours on it, it's really just getting broke in good. I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of power and hearing the strain on the engine. It's been my experience that most of these engine don't really run at their best until you bumping them up against the governor a little bit. If your bogging it down to a stop then yes more power would be nice. If your simply hearing the gov. kick in I wouldn't worry about it at all. These engines are designed to work. If you don't work them they tend to get a little finicky.

Thanks

Terry