Exmark HP or AS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowinMachine, Jan 18, 2005.

1. MowinMachine

MowinMachine LawnSite Member

What do you think would be the best mower. The one i pick will have a 52" cut.

I am looking at a Exmark HP wich is a compact size but has high class drives on it but a 23hp Kohler verticle shaft engine. Also this is an 04 model brand new priced to me at $6850. Is that a good deal?
    Another option is the Exmark AS wich is a full size model a little lower class drives and has a 20hp Kohler horizontal shaft.Also this is an 04 model brand new priced to me at $6500. Is this a good deal?

Another option i kinda considered was an Encore that only has 6 hours on it that i could pick up for $4500. The reason i considered this is because i am kinda just getting started in this buisness.
    THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE

2. MowinMachine

Believe it or not the encore also has higher class drive pumps. Another consideration was a Grasshopper Mid-mount.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

That Encore with only 6 hrs sounds like a really good deal to me. What engine and deck size is on it?

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Its a good price on the HP. I love the 52" HP's.

I own an older encore w/b...you could NOT give me another one.

5. MowinMachine

The Encore has a 23hp Kawasaki and a 52" deck. It has Parker/Ross drives also.

6. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

You might want to go to the Ohio Power Show next weekend to check out all your opportunities. :waving:

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Thats a very good price for that size machine.

8. MowinMachine

The only thing i was wondering was is that encore going to hold up for me ive never herd too much about them. THANKS

9. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

i have a 2004 lazer as with 23 kohler 60 cut and it is a nice machine.according to exmark the wheel motors are dan foss that are rated just as high as parker ross,just not as much speed.they assured me the reliabilty was just as good if not better.i have had 0 problems from mine.the new 2005 52 has the 23 kohler on it,no more 20.but,dont do what i did and try to save a few hundred and cost yourself more.i bought my as and within 1 month had changed tires,airfilter,added cupholder and footassist,would have been cheaper to buy standard lazer from day one.the hp model is top of line as hoss said,as long as it says exmark on it you cant go wrong.