Exmark hydro filter prices versus Scag & Deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJB, May 16, 2011.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I just ordered exmark hydro filters 109-4180 $31 a piece. How does that compare to your mowers hydraulic filter prices? Seems a little expensive that was before s&h too.

2. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

Go to your local CARQUEST, Napa or Oreilly auto parts store they sell Wix filters the best filters on the market I took the liberty of cross-referencing this filter for you the Wix number is 51269 $9.99 each at Oreillys. I worked in parts for several years and still know a few tricks to the trade.

3. MJB

from Wa

I tried that years ago but the filters were not 25 micron filters that is required to protect the hydros. Did you notice when you cross referenced them if they were 25 microns that is real important. If your right I would cancel my order for that kind of savings. I'll see what I can pull up on that wix #. Thanks

4. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Hello, saw the price you were paying for oil filters and the price the other gent told u what he was paying. We offer a replacement filter with the same specs and micron size as an original for $4.98. Granted we do have a flat delivery charge of $10, but if u have a list of parts you may need for spring or fall maintenance, it may be cheaper to purchase them all at one time. We keep in stock many and most aftermarket parts for nearly all major brand mowers, engines, ect. We are also very competitive on prices. You can check us out on our website www.landscaperpro.com. There u will find a free full online catalog. Or call with any questions.

Thanks,
    Blake
    LandscaperPro

5. MJB

from Wa

I noticed your replacement filter is 10 microns Exmark says 25. Can you explain the difference. I'm sure they both protect against anything getting into the system, but also you have oil flow issues if 1 is to small versus the other.

6. tuffram

Both are 10 micron exmark filter is 10 micron not 25 wix is also 10 micron. wix filters are made to meet or exceed OEM specifications. just looked up the specs on both of them.

7. tuffram

i was wrong the exmark is a 25 micron and wix is 10 micron but what i just discovered is the lower the number the better filtration it gives.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You also need to try to be careful when buying filters online. A lot of aftermarket parts houses sell Chinese filters. There's nothing that makes me sleep better at night than the thought of a $5 Chinese filter protecting a $2,000 hydro system. :usflag:

9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

The wrong rating could cause more restriction to flow than the system is rated to have.

The OEM Bobcat filters list for about $9. I think Scag are around $18-20.

Green, Orange and Red paint can be pricey

10. tuffram

If you are from NC then you know about wix filters they are made in Charlotte NC i got the chance several years ago to visit the plant you would not believed the number of OEM filters wix makes for other company's literary 1000 ands.