exmark hydro gear I need help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by moses317, Oct 13, 2012.

1. moses317

moses317 LawnSite Member

I have a exmark lazer z my left side was grinding and would go out so I started researching and it seems that the hydro pump was going out. so i rebuilt it replaced some seals and the bearings, i noticed the pistons looked as if they were getting stuck maybe I should order but any way I put everything back together and connected all the lines back but now I start it up and the left side will not move at all i do see small bubbles in the oil resivoir so I tried to bleed by raising the mower up going foward and backwards but still not working can someone help me and tell me where I should start to get this problem fixed, the hydro pump is BDP-10L-121p is their any diagrams I can look at that will show me how to put it back together in case I didnt do something right? Thanks for all Input I need it this was my first time rebuilding a hydro pump, I even notice the pump I rebuilt got hotter than the other hydro pump thanks.

2. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like you installed the charge pump cover backwards...180 out..
    If the pistons are sticking...that's bad...if they stick and come loose under pressure...they can knock a hole in the pump..
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

4. moses317

moses317 LawnSite Member

5. moses317

moses317 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

6. moses317

moses317 LawnSite Member

I dont think I put it on backwards because It would only go on the hole one way
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. piston slapper

The last part you bolt on the pump is the chargepump cover..
    It is held on by 2 capscrews...the direction of the cap is determined by the rotation of the shaft....also make sure the ball and spring went back in the right place...
    Go ahead and download the manual that BigFish recommended...and read it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, don't bother with the manual! You seem to know your way around these pumps pretty good!

9. piston slapper

Cmon Fish...he might take you seriously...
    Besides...you never know which MOSES you're giving advice to....
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. moses317

moses317 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device